£25,000 - £32,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- East of England -- Essex -- Harlow
Friday, August 14, 2020
HGV Class 1 and 2 Drivers - Permanent Contracts - VR/20975
The Company & Role of HGV Class 1 and 2 Drivers:
Our client, a Transport company based in West Essex, is currently looking to take on HGV Class 1 and 2 Drivers for their haulage and multi drop delivery department.
Duties include for the HGV Class 1 and 2 Drivers:
- General driving duties, observing legal / best practice of delivering and collecting.
- Wearing correct company uniform & PPE (clean & in good repair).
- Maintaining professional standard.
- Carry out pre-use checks prior to using any equipment / vehicle / trailer, complying with appropriate documentation and procedures.
- Reporting of any vehicle defects / damage or H&S issues to management.
- Ensuring vehicle loads are safe / damage free and secured with the appropriate restraints.
- Check / complete / retain and hand over all load documentation / PODs and delivery paperwork.
- Ensure that the returned goods process is followed at all times.
- Provide relevant feedback to management on information gathered whilst completing your duties.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness, using all equipment safely as specified in operating procedures and Safe Systems of Work.
- Comply with all EU drivers hours / tachograph / WTD regulations.
- Adhere to all H&S and any other sites rules and maintain high standards of compliance, hygiene and housekeeping.
- Operate in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Nights out may be required in line with operational requirements.
- Comply with any other reasonable requests from Management.
Experience and requirements for the HGV Class 1 and 2 Drivers:
- 25 years of age or over with at least 2 years relevant driving experience.
- No more than 6 points on your license and no endorsements for DD / DR offence codes.
- Current, valid license, appropriate to the category required.
- Candidates with a non-GB driving license must provide evidence of a GB Certificate of registration.
- Capable of passing a company driving assessment.
- Experience of loading / unloading and delivering goods to customer premises.
- Experience of multi-drop deliveries desirable.
- A reasonable geographical knowledge of the UK.
- Good understanding of Drivers Hours & WTD regulations.
- Current Driver Qualification Card and preferably have accrued sufficient hours towards the next qualification period.
- Must have a current / working Digi-tacho card.
- Must be able to pass a company medical.
- Experience in the use of Taillifts Pallet Trucks both electrical and pump.
Key skills and competencies for the HGV Class 1 and 2 Drivers:
- Excellent driving skills.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Good customer service and communication skills.
- Health and Safety conscious.
- Ability to complete record sheets and paperwork accurately.
- Reasonable level of fitness to work with loads.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Demonstrate a reasonable standard of numeracy & literacy.
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English.
Salary is up to £32000 plus bonus after 3 months probation.
If you're interested in the position of HGV Class 1 and 2 Drivers and would like to hear further details, please contact our Team on email@example.com
#HGV #Artic #CPC #class1 #class2 #multidrop #pallets #transport