Customs Clearance Clerk - VR/21889
The Company & Role of Customs Clearance Clerk:
My client, a leading independent Freight Forwarder and transport company, are looking for an Customs Clearance Clerk to join their team in Felixstowe.
The main purpose of the position is to maintain customs formalities and complete customs entries for the companys customers.
Experience is essential for this role.
Duties for the Customs Clearance Clerk Will Include:
- Dealing with a variety of commodities for all shipments
- Be able to handle the whole life cycle of the shipment from clearance to delivery to the customer
- Complete day to day customs clearance and entries for all ocean and air freight shipments
- Import and Export clearances though HMRC CHEIF.
- Enter data onto Data freight
- Create and amend ERTS manifests
- Arrange delivery onward to the client
- Deal with all queries quickly and efficiently
- Build good working relationships with both customers and colleagues
Essential Experience required for the role of Customs Clearance Clerk:
- You will need to have at least 3 years solid Customs Clearance experience.
- Knowledge of tariffs & Incoterms
- Experience of inputting into CHIEF
- A salary depending on experience.
If you're interested in the role of Customs Clearance Clerk, click apply now, or email our Shipping Team email@example.com
We have a number for positions for this and similar roles, if you know of anyone that is looking please share this advert with them and we will do our best to assist in these difficult times.
Red Recruit are a specialist recruiter dealing in the Shipping, Freight Forwarding, Removals, Relocations, Global Mobility, Shipping and Logistics industry. We have a number of positions within the industry that are not advertised. So if you have experience in these sectors then please send in your CV to us and we can advise you of all our current vacancies that are available.