Ocean Freight Forwarding Operator - VR/21893
The Company & Role
Our client, a Freight and Logsitics company based in West Thurrock, are looking for an Ocean Freight Forwarding Operator to join their existing team.
Candidates will need to have previous import and/or export Deepsea or EU Short Sea experience.
- Liaising with overseas agents / customers / hauliers
- Quoting rates
- Receiving pre-alerts from overseas agents
- Creating files both manually and on the computer system
- Planning loads and sending load lists to agents
- Checking manifests once received
- Receiving and checking relevant documentation and passing on to shipping lines
- Customs clearance
- Planning and arranging deliveries
- Charging files
- Passing purchase invoices and dealing with any queries
- 1 year + previous experience in FCL/LCL exports and imports - Seafreight
- Customs entry knowledge would be ideal
You will receive a salary depending on previous experience.