Import Supervisor - VR/21895
The Company & Role:
Our client, an international logistics company that is heavily involved in e-commerce fufillment is looking for an experienced Import Supervisor to manage their Seafreight imports team in Chelmsford, Essex.
Import Supervisor Duties will include:
- Team & personnel management - responsibilities such as 1:1's, personal development and KPI monitoring.
- Continuous Improvement and review of the SOP
- First point of contact for all feedback from sales, customers and find resolve to any issues/complaints that occur quickly
- Update the company and relevant customers with industry news when there is any change (Port closure, Weather change that will result in changes to services, etc.)
- Manage major accounts when required.
- Develop up-selling and customer retention to build long-standing relationships.
- Work closely with each team member and all other departments to unify the whole shipping process as a company.
- Look for and set up new partners/suppliers with improved services or more cost-effective shipping techniques while maintaining service levels.
- Negotiate with all major shipping lines, Airlines, Partners and Suppliers our rates and find cost savings where possible.
- Team monthly profit/loss audits to make sure in line with expected profit margins.
- Reporting to directors the progress of the tasks set to me and implement a time frame and budget required.
- Weekly/Monthly team meetings to motivate, instruct, train, develop the team while providing insight to the company's objectives and passing on any news from higher management.
Skills required from the Import Supervisor:
- A thorough knowledge customs entries and the different import procedures and processes
- Be able to offer solutions for FCL & LCL and for import services
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good IT knowledge
- Be completely customer serviced focused
- Able to deal with difficult and stressful situations in a calm and sensible manner
In return, the successful Import Supervisor will receive a salary according to skills and experience.
If you're interested; click Apply Now, or email our Shipping team on email@example.com
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering various areas within the industry as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.
If you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight industry, then please contact us to see if we can assist you finding your next career move.