Export & Distribution Manager - Maidstone - VR/22098
Our Client, a global company with offices in the UK, France, Germany and the USA are currently looking for an experienced Transport Manager for their flagship branch in Kent.
You will need to have solid Export freight experience (USA very advantageous) as well as demonstrating excellent skills in managing a Despatch and Delivery team.
A forward-thinking individual who strives to balance current demands whilst also planning ahead to ensure company growth is fully supported both domestically and internationally, particularly in relation to exports.
The role is pivotal in the Customer Services experience ensuring that the Booking-in and Delivery Teams deliver the highest quality service to our Customers.
Export & Distribution Manager duties include:
- Responsible for over-seeing the day-to-day running of the Despatch, Delivery, Customer Services and Export areas
- Main point of contact and responsibility for all export freight - ensuring the best freight companies are used by negotiating the best prices and optimising lead-times
- Co-ordinating the daily movement of produce from the UK to suppliers
- Communicating, and working to prevent any potential issues due to freight that would affect lead times
- Working with the Operations Manager to assist balancing the workloads, team cover due to absence, appraisals etc.
- Ensuring the utmost Customer Experience in all areas - communication, presentation of delivery drivers etc.
- Using our MRP software to enter transport pricing as well as collating relevant reports to assist with delivery planning and forecasting
- Working alongside the Operations Team and assisting in reviewing procedures regarding picking, checking, loading and quality control
Experience required for Export & Distribution Manager:
- At least 2 years recent Export freight experience - essential (ideally including the USA)
- 2-3 years experience managing a Delivery/Despatch Team
- Experience in a manufacturing environment would be an advantage but is not essential
- Proven negotiating skills
- Proven Customer Service skills
- Previous use of MRP/ERP software very useful
- Excellent MS office skills - in particular proficiency in Excel is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good leadership skills; fair, effective and insightful
- Commercially minded; able to strike the right balance between necessity and cost to the Company
- Excellent at multi-tasking in a deadline driven environment
- Organised, pro-active and forward-thinking
This is an exciting role that could lead to playing an instrumental part in the assessment and consideration to having warehouse locations in the USA.
In return, the successful Export & Distribution Manager will receive a salary depending on skills and experience.
Please apply immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org. Jobs are being filled very quickly at the moment.
We have a number for positions for this and similar roles, if you know of anyone that is looking please share this advert with them and we will do our best to assist in these difficult times.
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering various areas within the industry as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.