£23,000 - £26,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- East Midlands -- Derbyshire
Friday, April 16, 2021
Purchasing Assistant - Derbyshire - VR/22110
Our client, a manufacturer of animal nutrition products, is looking for a Purchasing Assistant to join their team in Ashbourne, Derbyshire.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Purchasing Assistant supports the execution of the operational processes of the purchasing department and supports both the Purchasing Manager and Buyer. The role focuses on tasks such as data processing, document processing, as well as record and file maintenance are carried out in an accurate and timely manner, as many of these have specified deadlines.
Purchasing Assistant duties include:
- Create, update and administer Purchase Agreements in conjunction with the Purchasing Manager and Buyer.
- Organise collection of documentation and samples and oversee completion of internal approval process.
- Monthly Supplier Performance review.
- Collate usage reports in graph form to assist demand planning.
- Analyse and record Invoice Queries, organise approval and transfer to Accounts for payment/query and produce a monthly report on query reason and query reduction
- Answering switchboard calls and answering the door to visitors
- Raise Spot Purchase Orders to assist Material Planning (Supply Chain)
- Liaison with Suppliers and other departments
- Organise travel arrangements for Purchasing Department
- Maintain effective communication with several other departments within the company and external contacts at all levels.
Skills and Experience required from the Purchasing Assistant:
- Proven experience gained by performing a similar purchasing role in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to work on your own initiative.
- Ability to manage time and prioritise workload effectively.
- Must have excellent computer skills - in particular, knowledge of all Microsoft suites is essential.
- Experience of using ERP systems would be a distinct advantage.
- Purchasing Assistant will be required to work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
In return you will receive a salary package up to 26k, plus healthcare cash plan scheme, onsite parking and company pension contributions,
If you're interested; click Apply Now, or email our Shipping team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering various areas within the industry as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.
If you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight industry, then please contact us to see if we can assist you finding your next career move.