Customs Manager (VR/22215)
£40,000 - £42,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- Yorkshire and the Humber -- West Yorkshire
Thursday, April 29, 2021
Customs Manager - Bradford - c£40-42k - VR/21123
The Company & Role:
Our client, a leading Logistics Service Provider, is looking for a Customs Manager for their team based in West Yorkshire.
All Candidates MUST have a high level of customs knowledge, legislation and the current border operating model.
Customs Manager duties include:
- To lead in customs management and compliance to customers, whilst ensuring that in providing this service, the company is fully compliant with the requirements of HMRC and other relevant bodies.
- Promote Customs services to new and existing businesses and providing advice and guidance on HMRC related matters when needed.
- Help train and coach key staff on HMRC compliance and best practice.
- Stay up to date with Brexit regulations and adapting the processes and clients processes to meet the new requirements.
- Customs information support to other operation departments and working closely with customers, some of whom maybe new to the Customs process due to the impact of Brexit.
- Perform customs entries for Imports and Exports to a high accuracy level and standard when required as well as excellent delegating and mentoring skills to team members carrying or similar duties.
- Successfully complete training courses, which the company may deem necessary to the role. These courses will cover customs legislation consistent with, and relevant to, the extent of your involvement in customs related activities Monitor and record, by means of KPI's, all internal AEO related paperwork.
Skills and Experience Required from the Customs Manager:
- Excellent understanding of International trade, compliance, and customs regulations.
- Previous exposure to the development of business policies and process governance within an International business.
- Previous experience in working alongside International government agencies.
- An excellent knowledge of export and import controls is essential.
- Ensure all customs declarations and processes are completed within a timely manner to avoid delays for both export and imports.
- Ensure customs declarations are compliant with HMRC regulations.
- Deliver key customs KPIs on time as required.
- Lead and assist with the implementation of new operational processes in line with the development of International services and products.
- Provide recommendations and implement customs processes and simplifications.
- Liaise with and maintain an excellent working relationship with HMRC and Border Force on customs matters and enquiries.
Working hours are 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday, although advising outside of these hours will also be required occasionally.
The successful Customs Manager will receive a basic salary in the region of £40-42k (depending on skills and experience), plus a performance based bonus (after 6 months).
Please apply immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org. Jobs are being filled very quickly at the moment.
We have a number for positions for this and similar roles, if you know of anyone that is looking please share this advert with them and we will do our best to assist in these difficult times.
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering various areas within the industry as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.