£25,000 - £25,000/annum + Bonus
- United Kingdom -- England -- East of England -- Essex
Tuesday, May 04, 2021
Freight Forwarding Coordinator - Exports - VR/22229
Our client, a leading provider of transport solutions, is looking for an Export Coordinator to join their Freight Forwarding department in Great Dunmow, Essex.
Duties of the Export Coordinator:
- Liaise with customers and other departments during the booking process ensuring all bookings are handled in accordance with the company’s SOP and payment terms.
- Placing of bookings with respective Shipping Line / Carrier / Agent.
- Liaise with customers to ensure correct export documentation is received for the shipment(s) and forwarded to the Shipping Line / Carrier/ Agent as necessary.
- Ensure Shipping Line / Carrier / Agent have instructions for Bills of Lading, VGM and UCR references in a timely manner.
- Check Draft Bill of Lading and ensure customer has receives a copy for approval. Send approved Draft Bill of Lading to Shipping Line / Carrier / Agent.
- Allocation of incoming payments on IT system.
- Ensure booking(s) are invoiced correctly by Shipping Line / Carrier / Agent as per contract rates or other spot rates as appropriate.
- Work closely with other departments such as Transport and Finance.
- Ensure invoice(s) have been paid before Bill of Lading / Cargo is Released and dispatched.
- Be an integral part of the development of the export operation and the general development of the company.
Requirements for the Export Coordinator Role:
- Experience gained within a Freight forwarding / Logistics organisation dealing with Export shipments by Sea.
- Knowledge of Exports by Road and Air - desired.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Export Customs clearance and procedures.
- Professional & friendly manner with customers and other staff members.
- Competent with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience on IT Programmes (Order Management Systems) for booking / documentation / Customs / Transport Purpose.
- Understanding of Booking and Transport procedures for Sea Freight shipments.
- Customer Service focused.
- Experience of working in a busy Export Freight Forwarding environment.
- Ability to build and develop relationships with both customers and suppliers.
- GCSE Maths & English.
- Degree qualified - desired.
- Industry recognised shipping courses / qualifications - desired.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Able to work of own initiative.
- Friendly, approachable, a good team player and not scared of hard work.
- Ability to stay calm in a challenging and pressurised environment.
The successful Export Coordinator will receive a salary of up to £25k + bonus, depending on experience.
Hours: Monday - Friday on a 3 shift system as follows: 8.00am - 5.00pm / 8.30am - 5.30pm / 9.00am - 6.00pm
If you’re interested in the Export Coordinator role, click apply now, or email our Shipping team on email@example.com