Fine Art Removals Porter (VR/22495)
£29,000 - £30,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- South East England -- Middlesex
Tuesday, July 20, 2021
Our client, a specialist Fine Art Shipping company based in Middlesex, is currently looking to recruit a Fine Art Removals Porter to assist out on the road.
We're interested to hear from candidates who either come from a Fine Art technician or a Removals Porter / Export Packer background and are now looking your next challenge.
The salary for this position is 30k, working hours are 8am-4pm Monday to Friday with overtime available paid at time and a half.
If you are interested then please apply or contact us today quoting reference VR/22495.
Duties of the Fine Art Removals Porter:
- Handling and packing of various types of fine art and securing in truck for safe transport
- Picking up and delivering a variety of artworks including paintings, sculptures and high value furniture of all descriptions
- Inspecting artworks to determine how, where, when, or if to touch them and how to pack for transport
- Understand how to properly wrap, load, span, tie in artworks within a truck to keep them safe and stable during transport
- Preparing condition reports and photographs artworks as needed
- Interacting with art professionals and collectors
- Efficiently handling paperwork including bills of lading, labelling, timesheets and detailed condition reports with photos
- Communicating with operations team throughout the day
Experience required for the Fine Art Removals Porter:
- 1 years + experience in removals or fine art
- Ability to efficiently wrap/pack sensitive and valuable furniture, works of art and antiques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional appearance and demeanour
- Familiar with basic art terminology
As recruiters specialising in the Removals industry, Red Recruit have numerous Move / Relocation / Fine Art roles as well as positions at all levels within the industry. If you know of anyone that is looking please share this advert with them and we will do our best to assist.