Export Freight Forwarder (VR/22498)
£30,000 - £38,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- East of England -- Suffolk
Friday, September 10, 2021
Our client, an independently owned freight company specialising in European Logistics and Road Freight Solutions, is looking for an Export Freight Forwarder to join their expanding team.
- Planning, organising, directing, and help run day-to-day operations to exceed our customers expectations.
- Increase productivity, whilst minimising unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards.
- Responsibility of negotiating rates with customers as well as transportation costs of suppliers.
- Maintain and improve working relationships with both customers and suppliers.
- Drive continuous improvement and optimisation of all processes.
- Monitoring transport rates, markets, and looking after the job from start to finish.
- Sub-contracting haulage requirements, managing transportation bookings, and quotations.
- Proven experience of working as a European Freight forwarder via road (Min 3 years)
- Road freight Forwarding knowledge of Germany, Belgium and/or Netherlands.
- Familiarity of the industry and technical expertise
- Knowledge and understanding of rates, customers, and suppliers within the European road freight sector.
- Computer literacy
- Strong team building, decision-making, accountability and to lead by example if needed language i.e., German or Dutch not essential, however, would be advantageous
Working hours of 8 am - 5 pm, Monday to Friday.
Salary: £30,000 - £38,000 depending on previous experience.