£20,000 - £26,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- East of England -- Essex -- Basildon
Friday, September 10, 2021
Our Client is one of the worlds leading global logistics providers, offering worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management. To meet increased demand, they are urgently looking for an experienced Seafreight LCL Operator to join their team in Basildon, providing operational excellence. This vacancy is offered on a full-time permanent basis with a salary in the region of £26k. Ideally you would be able to start immediately.
Seafreight LCL Operators should be self-motivated, able to work without supervision, enthusiastic and driven to achieve targets. Being computer literate, having excellent attention to detail skills, as well as being good with numbers and a confident communicator all go without saying.
Successful Seafreight LCL Operators will have experience in a similar role and solid knowledge of the import and export market including the customs procedures and documentation that goes with it. Youll be organised by nature and will thrive in a fast paced and dynamic atmosphere.
Specific Seafreight LCL Operator duties include:
- Process bookings received form internal customer service teams and overseas offices, process using in-house system for shipment as LCL aligned to company procedures and time frames.
- Meeting daily KPI targets and deadlines.
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and overseas teams, keeping them updated with confirmations and advised of any delays or issues in relation to their shipment.
- Preparing draft documentation and invoice, ensuring that all charges entered are correct as per agreed tariff and/or quotations. Ensuring any negative discrepancies are investigated and reported.
Experienced Seafreight LCL Operators are currently in very high demand!
If youve got what it takes, please 'Apply Now' immediately. Jobs are being filled very quickly at the moment!
As recruiters specialising in freight and shipping, Red Recruit have vacancies at all levels within the industry, so please do get in touch to tell us what youre looking for and well do our best to assist.