up to ££30,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- West Midlands -- West Midlands
Friday, September 17, 2021
Our international forwarding and logistics Client, has been established for over 150 years, handling export and import shipping requirements for overland transport, sea freight, air freight and contract logistics, throughout Europe and Worldwide. Due to increased demand they are currently looking for an experienced Customs Clerk. You'll be responsible for liaising with customers, customs authorities, coordinating customs clearances from start to finish, and everything in between. This is a full time permanent position, offering a salary of up to 30k for the right person.
We'd love to speak to enthusiastic people who have experience working as a Customs Clerk / Customs Coordinator, or have good working knowledge of Destin8, CNS and MultiFreight. This vacancy is based in West Midlands and is offered on a full-time permanent basis.
If you have customs entry knowledge from a logistics/freight background, we want to hear from you!
Successful Customs Clerks have a good operational know-how of customs clearance procedures, food import, SPS and Port Health experience. You'll be organised by nature and will thrive in a fast paced and dynamic atmosphere. Being computer literate, having excellent attention to detail skills, as well as being good with numbers and a confident communicator are imperative attributes for the best Customs Clerks.
Experienced Customs Clerks are currently in very high demand! As recruiters specialising in freight and shipping, Red Recruit have numerous similar roles as well as positions at all levels within the industry.
- Prepare documentation for import customs clearance, process and monitor import clearances
- Liaising with customers and consignees, Customs Authorises and Port Health
- Import customs clearance experience
- Food import, SPS and Port Health experience
- Good knowledge of the various customs procedures
- Good knowledge of Destin8, CNS and MultiFreight
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office, including Excel and databases
- Strong communications and organisational skills
- Strong work ethics with focus on attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player and self-driven with a positive attitude
If you've got what it takes, please Apply Now immediately. Jobs are being filled very quickly at the moment!
As recruiters specialising in freight and shipping, Red Recruit have vacancies at all levels within the industry, so please do get in touch to tell us what you're looking for and we'll do our best to assist.
If this is something you would like to know more details about or you know of anyone that fits the bill either forward this advert to them, send us their details or get in contact with us and we will do the rest. You can recommend as many people as you like via https://redrecruit.com/refer-a-friend.html and earn a referral fee per candidate we place*. This is an unlimited offer.
* T&C's apply. Please contact the office for more information.