Our International logistics Client, offers efficient and reliable 3PL and freight forwarding services. Their goal of upgrading to become an International 4PL provider, has meant they are currently looking to appoint an experienced Operations Manager. This is a full-time, permanent role based in Chelmsford.
As Operations Manager you'll be leading by example to drive the teams performance forward. Ensuring targets are met, whilst also demonstrating a willingness to perform the operational tasks alongside the managerial role. On a day to day basis you will be required to ensure the team delivers faultless customer service, while establishing and maintaining relationships with sub-contractors/customers.
We're keen to speak to motivational individuals, who have proven experience as an Operations Manager or solid experience from working in freight operations or customs. You'll need to be comfortable dealing with everything managerial from training new team members and developing existing staff; through to team-building, appraising staff performance and decision making.
Excellent team building and people management skills as well as being able to work calmly and efficiently under pressure are imperative attributes for a successful Operations Manager. If you have what it takes we want to hear from you!
Operations Manager duties include:
- Drive the operational teams to ensure targets are enforced and achieved.
- Exceed budgeted turnover and gross margin.
- Allocate staff levels/ arrange cover in the event of staff absence.
- Be up to date with the latest management best practices and concepts.
- Drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes.
- Assess, manage and adjust team member workloads.
- Address employees issues or grievances and work alongside HR
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Work closely with the Senior Accountant to ensure the company is continuing to run effective and efficient monthly, quarterly and at year end.
Please apply immediately to be considered for this Operations Manager vacancy. Jobs are being filled very quickly at the moment.
As recruiters specialising in the freight sector, we have positions at all levels. If you know of anyone that is looking please share this advert with them and we will do our best to assist.